Thursday, January 24, 2013

Week 1


Week 1 - Why I Believe Students Should Play Games in School
I believe that students should play games in school as long as they are using educational software. In this day and age games are the primary source of entertainment for kids. There are a lot of different games out that are very good educational software that can help students learn and help them understand different concepts better than listening to a teacher talk or simply doing worksheets all day. I can remember using some software when I was in school that helped me learn a lot of different skills while having fun. Today software can be found for Math, Science, English, Social Studies, Reading, and even Physical Education. I also believe that computer education software can be used as a reward base. Using educational software as an object of reward would also allow the student to continue building their knowledge base. As with all things, I believe educational software has its time and place within the classroom. No teacher should attempt to use computer software as the primary source of teaching their students. Educational software should only be used as a supplement to the base that the teacher has already built. Over all I do believe that student should be allowed to play games in school and that this should be a part of every teacher’s lesson plan.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jerome! I agree students should be allowed to play games in school as long as it pertains to the lesson and is used as an instructional activity. Students do get bored with the everyday routine of completing worksheets. Instructional games allow students to engage in hands-on activities and is a motivating tool for them. Also, instructional games can give students opportunities to link what they have learned from the teacher and apply it to real world situations. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact the teachers can use educational computer games as a reward. Students are being rewarded, but at the same time they are learning which is even better. Children today love technology and it is important that teachers incorporate it as part of students education plan.

    ReplyDelete